This 3 Bean Avocado Salad is filled with healthy proteins, raw vegetables as well as beautiful flavours.
This 3 Bean Avocado Salad is a big favourite in our house. It is filled with healthy proteins, raw vegetables as well as beautiful flavours. The dressing is not too overpowering but still adds a tasty twist and has a slight Mexican / Southwestern feel.
It works well as a lunch or light dinner option, especially when the weather is too hot to cook or you are simply pressed by time but still want to have a nutritious meal.
It cannot only be ready in 10 minutes but is also really versatile. You can simply serve it on its own or as an accompaniment for a BBQ, picnic or buffet spread. It is a nice alternative to lentil salad. Do not make it too much ahead as the avocado might oxidise and turn brown. Make sure you keep leftovers in an airtight container.
You can find quite a selection of canned bean salads in the shops. I tend to avoid buying these as I find them soggy, tasteless and some contain quite a bit of salt. Bean salads are easy enough to make at home and taste much better than store-bought brands.
3 Bean Avocado Salad [vegan] [gluten free]
- large salad bowl
- mixing bowl
- 2 large ripe avocado
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large orange pepper
- 400 g can black beans
- 400 g can kidney beans
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 150 g can corn
- 1 small red onion
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- bunch of fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Rinse and drain black beans, red kidney beans, corn and chickpeas.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Cut avocado, orange pepper and red onion in small dices.
- Place all the above ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Make dressing by mixing together olive oil, crushed garlic, cumin, chilli powder and lime juice.
- Add chopped coriander and dressing to the bean mixture. Toss mix until all is well blended together.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
I cannot wait to see your posts!