You can use any kind of dairy-free milk, keeping in mind that the ones with stronger flavours such as almond might alter the taste of this date caramel. Personally, I prefer to use a more neutral dairy alternative such as oat milk.
Make sure the dates you are using are moist. If they are too dry make sure you soak them in warm water first to soften them.
When done, store this date caramel sauce in an airtight container in the fridge.
5-mins Date Caramel [vegan]
- 175 g pitted moist dates (Mejdool are best but others work too)
- 125 ml dairy-free milk (see intro for tips)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt (or regular salt)
- Place dates in a blender with milk. Whizz until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract and salt. Whizz again.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
I cannot wait to see your posts!