This Almond & Vanilla Spelt Granola contains only 3 Tbsp of agave syrup so it is not overwhelmingly sweet.
This Almond & Vanilla Spelt Granola contains only 3 Tbsp of agave syrup so it is not overwhelmingly sweet. Ideal for breakfast or snack with milk.
I love making my own granola. I use less fat, less sugar and less salt than storebought brands so I end up with a much healthier breakfast. yoghurt or fresh fruits.
Also baking it in the oven leaves the whole house smelling lovely.
Spelt makes a nice change from oatmeal in this Almond & Vanilla Granola. It is one of the most ancient crops, packed with nutrients (plus fibre and protein).
This recipe is interchangeable so you can roll oats instead of spelt and honey or maple syrup instead of agave syrup.
Almond & Vanilla Spelt Granola [vegan] [low sugar]
- baking tray
- 200 g spelt flakes
- 100 g spelt flakes – to grind into flour
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 handfuls sunflower seeds
- 2 handfuls sultanas
- 4 Tbsp flax seeds
- 2 handfuls almonds
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Put 100g of spelt flakes in a blender and grind them to flour.
- Mix together the spelt flakes, spelt flake flour, vegetable oil, vanilla, almond extract, ginger, salt, agave syrup and sunflower seeds.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 10 mins. Mix and spread again. Switch off the oven and leave granola to “dry” inside for 2 hours or so
- Mix the sultanas, almonds and flax seeds with granola. Store in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!