Bursting with flavours these Asian Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cashews are great on their own or as a side dish.
Bursting with flavours these Asian Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cashews are great on their own or as a side dish to this Asian Mushroom Wellington.
The soft vegetables contrast perfectly with the crunchy cashews. So good I had to make another batch straight away!
Season to taste with chilli for an extra kick.
Asian Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cashews [vegan] [gluten free]
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 handfuls cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 lime juice
- chilli flakes to taste
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Clean Brussels sprouts. Remove any damaged leaves. Cut them in half and place on a roasting tray. Drizzle all over with olive oil.
- Roast for about 30 mins giving vegetables a stir after 15 mins or so, so they cook evenly.
- At the last 10 mins add the cashews on top of roasting tray.
- In the meantime make dressing by mixing in together tamari soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, crushed garlic, lime juice and sugar. Add chilli flakes to taste.
- When done transfer the Brussels sprouts and cashew to a bowl. Toss well with the dressing. Add a generous amount of chopped coriander. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve straight away.
- Note : these are perfect as a side dish to my Asian Mushroom Wellington. You can find the recipe link in the introduction
I cannot wait to see your posts!