This vegan Aubergine, Sweet Potato and Kale Curry makes a hearty dinner.
You can serve it with rice or just have it with pitta or naan bread.
Ideal for casual entertaining or a mid-week comforting meal.
Aubergine, Sweet Potato and Kale Curry [vegan]
- large saucepan
- 500 g sweet potato
- 400 g aubergine / eggplant
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – crushed
- 5 cm ginger root [2 inches]
- 4 Tbsp mild curry paste – adjust to taste
- 800 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml water
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 150 g kale roughly chopped
- 400 g can coconut milk
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic. Fry gently until soft and golden.
- Add the curry paste and grated ginger. Fry for 1 – 2 mins.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut in 1cm (0.4 inches) dice.
- Cut the aubergine (eggplant) in 1cm (0.4 inches) dice.
- Add the diced vegetables to saucepan. Stir to coat with curry paste all over.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water. Cook half-covered under medium heat for 20 mins.
- Add the chopped kale and cook for another 10 mins. Vegetables should be soft.
- Add the drained chickpeas and coconut milk.
- Let the curry heat through. Season to taste before serving.
I cannot wait to see your posts!