Banana and caramel for breakfast. What’s not to like?
These vegan banoffee muffins are very moreish and light.
As they cook, a delicious smell fills the house and everyone unfailingly is ready for breakfast in no time.
I use this vegan caramel sauce (click here for the recipe) in the recipe as I always make plenty in advance to keep. You will need to double the ingredients of the caramel sauce to get 300g.
If you do not have any, you can use “Bonne Maman Confiture de Caramel” instead (but it is not vegan).
I have also eaten those banoffee muffins with additional caramel sauce added on top just before serving. Very sticky but so yummy!
Banoffee Muffins [vegan]
- mixing bowl
- 12-hole muffin tin
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 300 g vegan caramel sauce
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 handful pecan nuts – optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- In the bowl of a food processor mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. (dry ingredients)
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl. Mix oil and vanilla. (wet ingredients)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the caramel sauce. Blend well.
- Add the almond milk. Blend well.
- Place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Divide the mixture between each muffin case. Add pecan nuts on top if using.
- Bake for 20 mins until the muffins have well risen and they are golden on top. Insert a thin skewer to check they are cooked.
- Leave to cool before serving.
I cannot wait to see your posts!