Basic Hummus recipe with or without tahini.
Hummus makes such a nutritious snack for the whole family, I often make a batch in advance that I keep in the fridge.
It’s always a good excuse to snack on some seasonal vegetables.
For playdates, birthday parties or packed lunches, I prefer making it without tahini to avoid any issues with potential sesame allergies.
Basic Hummus With or Without Tahini [vegan] [gluten free]
- 400 g can chickpeas – drained liquid reserved
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil OR 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil + 1 Tbsp Tahini
- salt to taste
- Place the drained chickpeas in a blender.
- Add 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil OR 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil + 1 Tbsp Tahini (if using).
- Add 3 Tbsp of reserved chickpea liquid, garlic clove and lemon juice.
- Whizz until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- This hummus will keep in the fridge for a few days in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!