These Blueberry & Banana Overnight Oats are the perfect healthy make-ahead breakfast. Simply mix the oats, leave them in the fridge overnight and ta-da! you have a delicious breakfast waiting for you when you wake up.
If your mornings are really hectic, you can even put the oats into your lunch box and eat them on the go.
Here I have added some chia seeds for extra calcium, protein and omega-3s.
For extra indulgence, these overnight oats are topped with some nut butter, maple syrup and a dash of nutmeg. Heavenly!
This recipe makes enough overnight oats for two people or, as they will keep in the fridge for a couple of days, two breakfasts in a row.
Blueberry & Banana Overnight Oats [vegan] [gluten free]
- large jar
- 150 g porridge / rolled oats
- 500 ml oat milk
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 2 large handfuls of blueberry
- Nut butter of your choice
- dash of nutmeg or cinnamon – optional
- maple syrup
- Pour the milk, oats and chia seeds in a container or jar. Close the lid and shake well. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to use, mix the oats and chia seeds so that all liquid is absorbed.
- Share evenly between two bowls.
- Top with banana and blueberry.
- Dot with some nut butter of your choice.
- Serve with a dash of nutmeg (my favourite) or cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
I cannot wait to see your posts!