Broccoli and parsnip make a wonderful match in this comforting and warming soup.
Serve it with chopped parsley and walnut sprinkled on top.
Broccoli & Parsnip Soup [vegan]
- handheld immersion blender
- 600 g broccoli
- 300 g parsnip
- 1 onion – roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves -crushed
- 1.5 l vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon thyme leaves
- grated nutmeg to taste
- handful of parsley leaves
- handful of walnuts
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large sauce pan. Fry the onion and garlic together until soft and golden.
- Add the roughly chopped broccoli (stems + florets) and roughly chopped parsnip.
- Add the vegetable stock plus lemon thyme. Bring to boil then reduce the heat and cook for 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley leaves and walnuts.
I cannot wait to see your posts!