The idea of making cheese from cashews was totally alien to me until a few months ago. Then I started blending cashews to experiment on vegan cheesecakes, cashew cream and the obsession started. I absolutely love it! To the sceptics, I’d say just try it.
This vegan cashew cream cheese recipe makes a sizeable portion. Feel free to halve the quantities and vary the garlic and chives to suit your own taste.
Great on bagels, crackers, matzos, toasts etc..
Cashew Cream Cheese With Chives [vegan]
- mixing bowl
- 300 g cashews
- 3 garlic cloves – crushed
- 3 Tbsp chives – finely chopped
- Put the cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak 4 hours to overnight.
- Drain the cashews. Place in a blender with the garlic.
- Whizz to a smooth paste. Add some water little by little to the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the chopped chives. Season to taste.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!