Spices, raisins, almonds and harissa gives this Cauliflower, Black Bean & Artichoke Wrap a Moroccan twist.
A low-fat and healthy vegan lunch, that can be ready in less than 30 mins.
This recipe makes 4 wraps so you can have lunch ready for a few days. Perfect for your lunch box.
Cauliflower, Black Bean & Artichoke Wrap [vegan]
- large saucepan
- salad bowl
- 300 g cauliflower florets
- 400 g can black beans
- 100 g grilled artichokes in oil – from a jar
- 2 roasted peppers – from a jar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- up to 1 tsp harissa – adjust to your personal taste
- juice of 1 1/2 lemon
- 1 handful pitted black olives I used Kalamata
- 1 handful almond flakes
- 1 handful raisin
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the crushed garlic with cinnamon, cumin, coriander and turmeric.
- Cut the cauliflower florets in small bits. Add to the frying pan and cook for 8 mins until cooked (they should still have a bite).
- Put the rinsed & drained black beans in a salad bowl. Top with chopped artichokes, olives and peppers cut into small chunks (around 1cm / 0.4 inches).
- Add the almonds, raisins, lemon juice, mint, coriander to the black beans mixture. Top with cauliflower. Mix all together.
- Add the harissa to taste. Adjust the seasoning with more lemon juice, salt & pepper if needed.
- Put some watercress on each tortilla wrap. Top with the cauliflower mix.
- Roll up the wraps, tucking them on each side.
I cannot wait to see your posts!