No waste here with this thrifty and warming soup! Throw in broccoli stems and the green part of leeks.
This cauliflower, broccoli and leek soup is ready in a flash and deliciously velvety.
Cauliflower, Broccoli and Leek Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 250 g broccoli
- 400 g cauliflower
- 200 g leeks
- 400 g potatoes
- 2 l litre vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 handfuls fresh parsley leaves – chopped
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion and garlic until golden and soft.
- Add all the vegetables cut in small chunks.
- Add the stock and bring to boil. Cook for 25 mins under medium heat until all vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with a dash of nutmeg plus salt and pepper.
- Add two handfuls of chopped fresh parsley leaves just before serving.
I cannot wait to see your posts!