This is another recipe designed around my community veg box which last week included a small cauliflower and a beautiful purple kohlrabi.
Fresh and crunchy, this salad is packed with flavours. Serves 2 as a main or 4 as an appetiser.
Cauliflower, Kohlrabi & Halloumi Salad [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- baking tray
- salad bowl
- mixing bowl
- 275 g cauliflower florets
- 175 g kohlrabi
- 225 g cherry tomatoes
- 250 g halloumi
- 15 g fresh mint
- 15 g fresh coriander
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Cut the cauliflower into small to medium chunks. Toss in 3 Tbsp of olive oil mixed with 1 tsp of ground coriander. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Cut the halloumi into slices. Place on the baking tray. When the cauliflower has been cooking for 20 mins, lower it in the oven. Put the grill on and place halloumi slices under the grill for 5 mins or so until golden and crispy.
- In the meantime cut the kohlrabi into thin sticks. Halve cherry tomatoes.
- Place the vegetables in a salad bowl. Top with chopped mint and chopped coriander.
- Make the dressing by mixing together crushed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and maple syrup.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and grilled halloumi to the salad bowl. Toss well in the dressing. Serve straight away.
I cannot wait to see your posts!