This is a comforting meal, ideal for seasonal British autumn and winter produce.
My weekly veg box was the inspiration behind this vegan creamy celeriac noodles with mushroom & kale recipe. This is a comforting meal, ideal for seasonal British autumn and winter produce. The sauce is similar to celeriac remoulade.
Absolutely delicious topped with parsley, walnuts and nutritional yeast for an extra cheesy taste.
Celeriac noodles make a tasty gluten-free and low-carb alternative to conventional pasta.
Don’t forget to get a head start for the cashew sauce by soaking the nuts at least 4 hours in advance. Other than that, this recipe is really straightforward and quick to make.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links.
Creamy Celeriac Noodles With Mushroom & Kale [vegan] [gluten free]
- mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- spiraliser or Julienne cutter
- 500 g celeriac
- olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 250 g sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 handfuls kale – hard stalks removed
- small handful of chopped parsley leaves
- chopped walnut
- nutritional yeast
CREAMY CASHEW SAUCE:
- 150 g cashews
- 250 ml water
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard or wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water. Set aside to soak for 4hrs to overnight.
- When the cashews have soaked long enough, drain and set aside. Peel celeriac and spiralise it into noodles.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add finely chopped red onion and fry under medium heat until soft.
- Add sliced chestnut mushrooms to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add spiralised celeriac, 2 crushed garlic cloves and 1/2 lemon juice. Mix well. Cook covered under medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Make cashew sauce in the meantime. Place drained cashews in a blender with 250ml water [US 1 cup], garlic clove and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth. Add Dijon mustard to taste. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add shredded kale to pan. Cook covered under medium heat for another 5 minutes until kale is cooked and celeriac noodles are "al dente".
- Pour cashew cream into the pan and mix until the noodles are covered all over. Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice if needed.
- Eat straightaway, served with chopped parsley and walnuts on top, as well as nutritional yeast if using.
I cannot wait to see your posts!