With no added sugar these Chai Spiced Energy Bites make the perfect snack or after-dinner treat.
I love these Chai Spiced Energy Bites, they are just so delicious.
With no added sugar they make the perfect snack or after-dinner treat.
I fiddled for some time adjusting the mix spices and this is my favourite blend. The pepper gives a flavourful kick, I prefer grinding it fresh.
On a hot day, these energy bites might get a bit soft so I prefer keeping them in the fridge.
Chai Spiced Energy Bites [vegan] [gluten free]
- 250 g pitted dates
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- seeds from 4 cardamom pods
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- shredded coconut
- Put all the ingredients in the blender (expect the shredded coconut). Whizz everything to a paste.
- Once done, if the paste is a bit too soft to roll, put it in the fridge for 10-15 mins.
- Scatter shredded coconut on a plate.
- When ready to roll the energy bites, spoon 2 teaspoons of the mixture. Using your hands, form medium size balls. Roll in the shredded coconut.
- This recipe makes around 16 energy bites. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!