These vegan Chewy Banana & Chocolate Chip Cookies are so easy and straightforward to make, plus they contain much less sugar than store-bought cookies.
My kids absolutely love these vegan Chewy Banana & Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I sneak a couple in their lunch boxes as a treat.
I love them too, as they are so easy and straightforward to make, plus they contain much less sugar than store-bought cookies.
This recipe is also great to make use of overripe bananas.
Once the cookies have cooled down, they will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
Chewy Banana & Chocolate Chip Cookies [vegan] [gluten free]
- 2 mixing bowls
- baking tray
- 2 overripe bananas
- 175 g porridge / rolled oats
- 100 g porridge / rolled oats – to grind as flour
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 1 chia egg [1 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 Tbsp of water]
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Make the chia egg by mixing together 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds and 3 Tbsp of water. Set aside.
- Grind 100g of oats into flour.
- Place the rest of the oats in a large bowl. Add oat flour, salt, baking powder and the chocolate chips (reserving about 1 Tbsp on the side).
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Add vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and chia egg.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together carefully until they are all well blended.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Scoop out cookie mix 1 tablespoon at a time and place on the baking tray. Flatten to around 1 cm [0.4 inches] each cookie, to make them round and even.
- Add some of the reserved chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 mins until cooked.
- Once cooked, leave to cool down on a grid.
- These cookies will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!