This vegan Chipotle Cauliflower Penne dish is so full of wonderful flavours you won’t miss the cheese.
Makes a great midweek dinner that you can take in your lunchbox the next day. Also perfect for a laidback dinner between friends.
Chipotle Cauliflower Penne [vegan]
- large saucepan
- Frying pan
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 300 g penne pasta
- 450 g jar of roasted peppers
- 400 g can of chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 preserved lemon
- 2 large garlic cloves – crushed
- olive oil
- small bunch of parsley
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Heat some salted water in a large saucepan. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook as per packet instructions.
- Cut the cauliflower in small florets. Spread on a roasting dish, drizzled with olive oil. Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until roasted.
- In the meantime, heat 4 Tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the finely chopped chipotle pepper. Fry for 30 seconds or so. Set aside for flavours to develop.
- Drain the pasta once cooked. Add to frying pan. Toss well.
- Add the drained chickpeas, finely chopped roasted peppers, finely chopped preserved lemon, capers, crushed garlic. Add the roasted cauliflower. Mix well. Heat up under gentle heat until the dish is warm throughout. Season to taste.
- Just before serving sprinkle with finely chopped parsley leaves.
I cannot wait to see your posts!