This Chocolate & Coconut Spelt Granola is great for breakfast or snack, served with almond milk or yoghurt.
This Chocolate & Coconut Spelt Granola is great for breakfast or snack, served with almond milk or yoghurt. The cocoa powder gives it quite a grown-up taste which children will enjoy too.
Here is another homemade granola recipe, this one with a delicious and indulgent combo of chocolate and coconut.
I have included some goji berries, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds for added goodness.
You can of course substitute spelt for rolled oats as well as mix in your favourite seeds and fruits. Raisins, sultanas, sunflower seeds etc… all will work well here.
Chocolate & Coconut Spelt Granola [vegan]
- baking tray
- 300 g spelt flakes
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 175 ml melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g light brown soft sugar
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g coconut chip
- 2 large handfuls of goji berries
- 2 large handfuls of pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Mix together the spelt flakes, melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, maple syrup, salt and brown sugar.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 15 mins. Mix and spread again. Switch off the oven and leave granola to “dry” inside for 2 hours or so.
- Mix the coconut chips, goji berries and pumpkin seeds with granola. Store in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!