Coconut and lime give these courgette muffins a delicious flavour. They have a scrumptious roasted coconut top.
Perfect for breakfast, kids lunchbox or as a snack.
Courgette, Coconut & Lime Muffins [vegan]
- mixing bowl
- 12-hole muffin tin
- 200 g grated courgettes
- 125 g plain flour
- 125 g wholemeal flour
- 175 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 chia egg [2 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 6 Tbsp of water] or 2 beaten organic eggs
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 75 ml coconut oil
- 80 g of shredded coconut
- extra shredded coconut to sprinkle on top of muffins
- 50 ml non dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to Fan 180°C / 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Place 12 large paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
- Prepare chia egg by mixing 2 Tbsp of ground chia seeds with 6 Tbsp of water. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Sieve flours, golden caster sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt in the large bowl of a food processor.
- Add grated courgettes and chia egg to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the coconut oil, lime zest, lime juices, vanilla, non-dairy milk and shredded coconut. Mix well until all combined.
- Carefully spoon into each muffin paper baking case in the muffin tin to 3/4 height.
- Top each muffin with some extra shredded coconut.
- Place in the oven for around 20mins. Insert a skewer to check they are cooked. The skewer should come out clean.
I cannot wait to see your posts!