This flavoursome courgette dip is made with courgettes, tahini, mint and parsley. Delicious with raw vegetables and pitta bread but also perfect in wraps, this dip makes a nice addition to a mezze platter.
Vegan and gluten-free, this flavoursome courgette dip is made with courgettes, tahini, mint and parsley. Delicious with raw vegetables and pitta bread but also perfect in wraps, this dip makes a nice addition to a mezze platter.
Many Middle-Eastern courgette dips use yoghurt but this vegan version is completely dairy-free. Do not hesitate to play around with the amount of mint and parsley to suit your own taste.
How to make this courgette dip
The courgettes are roasted first in the oven before being blended with the rest of the ingredients (garlic clove, tahini, cumin, coriander, mint, parsley and lemon juice). Alternatively, you can grill the courgettes on a barbecue as this will give this dip a nice smoky flavour.
I like to top this dip with crushed walnuts and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. It makes a scrumptious alternative to babaganoush.
This dip is ideal if you are trying to find new recipes to use that glut of courgettes! They always seem to come all at once for us.
If you are looking to expand your dip repertoire why not try also my pea hummus? It has a tasty minty twist. Perfect with crackers, pitta bread, raw vegetables or as a sandwich filler. Colourful, this is a quick and healthy recipe that even the kids will enjoy. Frozen peas and spinach give it a gorgeous deep green glow.⠀
Here are more dip recipes you may like to try:
I hope you enjoy this vegan courgette dip recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Courgette Dip [vegan]
- baking tray
- 500 g courgettes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 1- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 220°C – 425°F/ fan oven 200°C / gas 7.
- Cut courgettes in chunky 2cm [0.8 inch] dice. Spread the courgette dice on a medium baking tray, drizzle with some olive oil. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until soft.
- Place cooked courgette in a blender with tahini, garlic clove, ground cumin, ground coriander, mint and parsley. Whizz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and some crushed walnuts on top.
I cannot wait to see your posts!