Courgettes make excellent low carb and gluten-free noodles. This salad is bursting with Asian flavours thanks to miso, ginger, coriander, mint and sesame. To enjoy without moderation 🙂
This recipe serves 2 as a main course or 4 smaller portions.
Courgette, Pea & Black Bean Salad with Miso Dressing [vegan] [gluten free]
- spiraliser or Julienne peeler
- mixing bowl
- 300 g courgettes
- 125 g frozen peas
- 400 g can black beans
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sweet miso paste
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1/2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- small bunch of fresh mint
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling add the peas. Cook for 2 mins. Drain, rinse under cold water then set aside.
- Using a spiraliser or Julienne peeler cut the courgettes into noodles.
- Place in a salad bowl with the finely sliced red onion, finely diced red pepper and peas.
- Add rinsed and drained black beans.
- Make the miso dressing by mixing together sweet miso paste, crushed garlic, grated ginger, vinegar, sesame oil, maple syrup and lemon juice. Pour dressing on top of vegetables.
- Add the chopped herbs on top of the salad and toss well.
- Served with toasted sesame seeds on top.
I cannot wait to see your posts!