Curry and Brussels sprouts might sound like an odd couple but it works. Garam masala is very fragrant and it blends nicely against the Brussels sprouts flavour. Try it even if Brussels sprouts is not your favourite. You’ll be surprised!
This soup has the same satisfying texture as pea soup. Perfect to ride the cold and wet weather.
Curried Brussels Sprouts Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- 300 g Savoy Cabbage
- 300 g potatoes – peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- small bunch fresh coriander
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1.7 litre vegetable stock
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the onion, garlic and garam masala for 5 mins until soft,
- Add the Brussels sprouts chopped in half, Savoy cabbage roughly chopped and potatoes. Mix well and fry gently for 5 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring to boil. reduce heat and cook covered for 25mins or so until vegetables are soft.
- Add the fresh coriander and liquidise the soup.
- Season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!