A great breakfast cereal that does not too sweet and is bursting with goodness.
The date granola recipe is made from naturally sweet dates mixed in with nuts and seeds. A great breakfast cereal that does not too sweet and is bursting with goodness.
Feel free to play with this recipe by adding your favourite nuts and seeds.
Date Granola [vegan]
- large bowl
- baking tray
- 300 g rolled oats
- 6 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp date syrup
- 125 g pitted dates
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 handfuls golden flaxseeds
- 3 handfuls sunflower seeds
- 100 g pecans
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut oil, date syrup, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 10 mins. Mix and spread again. Switch off the oven and leave granola to "dry" inside for 2 hours or so.
- Mix chopped dates, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and pecans. Store in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!