Light and delicious, this chocolate mousse is the dreamiest dessert.
Light and delicious, this chocolate mousse is the dreamiest dessert. Quick and easy, you can make it a day ahead.
Guilt-free, this recipe has no egg, no cream and only contains 1 tablespoon of sugar.
It is made with aquafaba (otherwise known as chickpea brine). Whisked in a food processor, chickpea brine transforms itself into whisked egg whites. It is perfect for this vegan chocolate mousse. Try it, it is really amazing!
Make sure that the chickpea brine you are using does not contain salt as otherwise this chocolate mousse might not taste as good.
This chocolate mousse is really scrumptious, especially served with fresh berries. Enjoy!
Dreamy Chocolate Mousse [vegan] [gluten free]
- Food Processor or electrical whisk
- 4 ramequins
- 400 g chickpea can – best if the can does not contain salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Drain the chickpea and transfer the brine to the bowl of a food processor. (you can use the chickpeas to make hummus later)
- Break the chocolate and place it into a heatproof bowl. Sit the bowl in a pan over simmering water so that the chocolate melts. Stir often.
- With your food processor on high speed, whisk the chickpea brine to stiff peaks (as you would do with egg whites). It should take 5-10 mins depending on your food processor or whisk. Add the cream of tartar and sugar. Whisk for another 10 seconds.
- Once the chocolate is melted, cool it down so you can touch it. You want the chocolate to have cool down but still be liquid. If it is too hard it will not mix well for the next step.
- With a spatula, carefully fold half of the chocolate in the whisked chickpea brine. Once it is well mixed, carefully fold the second half. Transfer mousse to a serving bowl or serving dishes. Leave to set in the fridge from 4 hours to overnight.
I cannot wait to see your posts!