These vegetarian goat cheese stuffed courgettes (zucchinis) are a typical dish from the South of France.
This recipe is straightforward. Best served hot with a salad and some crusty bread.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Courgettes [vegetarian]
- Frying pan
- baking tray
- 4 courgettes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion – very finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 6 Tbsp fine breadcrumbs
- 2 – 3 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves – finely chopped
- 300 g soft goat cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210C/410F/Gas 7.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft and golden.
- In the meantime halve the cherry tomatoes and courgettes lengthwise.
- With a spoon, carefully empty the pulp of the courgettes leaving a wall of around 3/4cm (0.3 inch). Roughly chop the pulp.
- Add the tomatoes and courgettes’ pulp to the frying pan. Cook until puréed.
- Remove from heat. Add the chopped goat cheese, breadcrumbs, Herbes de Provence and basil. Mix until well blended. Season to taste.
- Fill the courgettes evenly with the goat cheese mixture. Lay them in a baking tray and cook for around 20 mins until skins of the courgettes (zucchinis) feel soft when a knife is inserted.
- Serve straight away with a salad.
I cannot wait to see your posts!