Bee pollen has been long known for its health benefits. It is high in protein, minerals, vitamins (including vitamins Bs) and folic acid.
Here I have added bee pollen to some homemade granola. When you add milk, the bee pollen starts dissolving adding a delicious taste and warming yellow glow to your breakfast bowl.
Granola With Bee Pollen [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- mixing bowl
- baking tray
- 200 g rolled oats
- 100 g rolled oats – to grind into flour
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 75 g sunflower seeds
- 75 g pumpkin seeds
- 2 handful raisins
- 2 handful almonds
- 3 Tbsp bee pollen
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Gently heat the oil and honey together in a saucepan until the mixture becomes very fluid.
- Put 100g of rolled oats in a blender and grind them to flour.
- Mix together the rolled oats, oat flour plus honey and oil mix. Add seeds.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 10 mins. Mix and spread again. Give it another 10 mins or so. Switch off the oven and leave granola to “dry” inside for 2 hours or so.
- Mix the raisins, almonds and bee pollen with granola. Store in an airtight container
I cannot wait to see your posts!