This colourful and refreshing Grapefruit & Avocado Salad is served with a punchy Miso Ginger Dressing on the side.
This colourful and refreshing Grapefruit & Avocado Salad is served with a punchy Miso Ginger Dressing on the side. Bursting with goodness and flavours, I add some crunchy roasted pistachios and pumpkin seeds on top.
I created this recipe for Bio-D Eat. Clean. campaign which aims to get people who love good food thinking more about the environmental impact everyday kitchen products, such as washing up liquid and hand soap can have.
My main motivation for starting The Flexitarian blog was to highlight the environmental impacts of our food choices. My flexitarian journey led me to question other aspects of my everyday life such as the amount of chemicals we were using at home and how much plastic waste we were generating.
In the process, I discovered brands such as Bio-D an eco-friendly cleaning range of products that are also vegan, ethically sourced and not tested on animals. Bio-D is also 100% hypoallergenic and accredited by Allergy UK.
Bio-D Eat. Clean. campaign has been launched in light of the current focus on plastic on our oceans – an issue highlighted by BBC TV series, Blue Planet.
Millions of tonnes of single-use plastic waste are produced in the UK alone each year which takes hundreds of years to decompose, causing harm to people and wildlife here and around the world.
Bio-D is leading the way in the fight against this problem with new packaging made from 100 per cent recycled material.
This reuses plastic waste from the UK that could otherwise have gone to landfill. It also reduces energy consumption by minimising the use of newly-produced virgin plastics.
The 100 per cent recycled packaging is currently available on more than half of the Bio-D product range including 1L Laundry Liquid and 750ml Washing Up Liquid.
Grapefruit & Avocado Salad with Miso Ginger Dressing [vegan] [gluten free]
- mixing bowl
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 1 small spring onion
- small handful of alfafa or other sprouting seeds
- 25 g pistachios
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 red chilli – optional
- small handful chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small garlic
- 3 tsp lime juice
- Make dressing by mixing together all the dressing ingredients above. Adjust to taste. Set aside.
- Peel grapefruit. Separate segment. Carefully remove the white skin of each segment so that you are just left with the flesh.
- Dry roast pistachios and pumpkin seeds in a pan.
- Place watercress, grapefruit segment and diced avocado flesh.
- Scatter finely chopped spring onion and red chilli (if using) on top. Add alfafa, chopped coriander leaves plus roasted pistachios and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve straight away with dressing on the side.
I cannot wait to see your posts!