This easy and straightforward vegan Halloween Pumpkin Chilli recipe is bound to delight your guests.
This easy and straightforward vegan Halloween Pumpkin Chilli recipe is bound to delight your guests. Bursting with goodness, it makes a healthy dish to be enjoyed by adults and children alike.
You can, of course, serve it in a carved pumpkin for special effects!
Beyond Halloween, this is a recipe full of flavours epitomising great comfort food.
Halloween Pumpkin Chilli [vegan]
- large saucepan
- 500 g pumpkin flesh
- 1 red pepper
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 800 g black beans
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or more according to taste
- 8 cm piece fresh ginger root [3.15 inch]
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves – crushed
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- fresh bunch of coriander to serve
- Carved pumpkin to serve optional
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Gently fry finely chopped onion, crushed garlic with ground cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder, cinnamon and grated ginger root.
- Cut pepper and pumpkin into 2cm dice [0.8 inches].
- Add vegetables to the onion mixture along with the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and oregano. Bring to boil then cook uncovered under medium heat for 10-15 mins until pumpkin is cooked (it should still have a bite).
- Rinse and drain black beans. Add to pan. Mix well together. Season with lime juice plus salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh coriander.
I cannot wait to see your posts!