Here is a fun and quick dip recipe that adults and kids will love for Halloween.
I sprinkled some home-roasted pumpkin seeds on top which I cooked at the same time as the pumpkin.
Halloween Pumpkin Hummus [vegan]
- baking tray
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 400 g pumpkin
- 1 garlic clove -crushed
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 60 ml olive oil + extra for drizzling
- smoked paprika to taste
- home roasted pumpkin seeds
- Tortilla + black food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Peel, deseed and cut the pumpkin in 1cm [0.39 inches] dice.
- Spread on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for around 30 mins until done.
- Put the drained chickpeas in a blender with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and tahini. Add the roasted pumpkin.
- Whizz to a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and smoked paprika to taste.
- Cut the tortilla into tombstone shape. Put in the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for a few minutes until crisp and hard.
- Decorate with food colouring and place on top of hummus.
- Serve with some home roasted pumpkin seeds on top.
I cannot wait to see your posts!