Here is a delicious winter vegan soup where Jerusalem artichokes, celeriac and apples blend beautifully. It is velvety yet light. A perfect seasonal dish to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Best served with crackers or chunky bread.
Jerusalem Artichoke, Celeriac and Apple Soup [vegan]
- handheld immersion blender
- 350 g Jerusalem artichoke
- 350 g celeriac
- 300 g dessert apple
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 4 garlic – crushed
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- 2 handfuls of fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry together onion and garlic until soft and golden.
- Peel the Jerusalem artichokes, celeriac and apples. Chop them in 2-3cm dice.
- Add the vegetables to the saucepan and cook gently for 5mins.
- Add the vegetable stock and thyme.
- Bring to the boil then cook covered under medium heat for 20 mins until all the vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup. Season to taste.
- Just before serving sprinkle with some fresh chopped parsley leaves.
I cannot wait to see your posts!