Combined with black beans, tomato and corn, delicate kohlrabi adds a fresh and crunchy note to this delicious end of summer salad.
The fresh lime dressing also complements perfectly the coriander.
You can either spiralise the kohlrabi or simply use a julienne peeler.
Kohlrabi Salad with Corn & Black Beans [vegan]
- spiraliser or Julienne cutter
- mixing bowl
- 1 kohlrabi
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g corn kernels
- 400 g can black beans
- 40 g fresh coriander
- 1/2 small red onion
- 4 Tbsp juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasse
- dash of agave syrup or honey
- salt & pepper
- Heat some salted water in a pan.
- If using fresh corn, remove corn kernels from the cob. You should have around 100g [3oz]. Put in boiling water for 2 mins. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Rinse and drain the black beans. Place in a salad bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes in small dice.
- Peel the kohrabi. Cut it in fine strands using a spiraliser or julienne peeler.
- Finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Mix the diced tomatoes, kohlrabi and coriander with the black beans.
- Add the finely diced red onion.
- Make the dressing by mixing together lime juice, olive oil, crushed garlic, pomegranate molasse. Sweet to taste with agave syrup (or honey).
- Toss the salad in dressing. Season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!