These vegetarian leek and feta quiches make a delicious starter, lunch or light dinner. Serve them with a green salad. They are best eaten warm.
If you do not have mini tartlet pans you can make this recipe in a quiche pan. Just add a bit more cream and 1 more egg.
Leek and Feta Quiches [vegetarian]
- 6 mini tartlet pans of 8cm (3 inches) diameter
- Frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 250 g shortcut pastry
- 250 g leeks
- 50 g shallots – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 200 g Feta cheese
- 1 large organic egg
- 125 ml single cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 handful grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6.
- In a large saucepan boil some salted water.
- In the meantime, roll out the pastry and place in individual mini tartlet pans of 8cm (3 inch) diameter. Place on the side.
- Chop the leeks finely. Add the leeks to boiling water and cook for 5mins until soft. When cooked drain and put on the side.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Cook the shallots and garlic until soft.
- Add the leeks and rosemary. Cook for 5 mins stirring from time to time.
- Remove from heat. Mix the crumbled feta to the leek mixture. Season to taste.
- In a separate bowl mix the single cream and egg with some pepper until well blended.
- Share the leeks between each mini tartlet pans evenly.
- Do the same with the cream mixture.
- Add some grated cheddar on top of each quiche.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Enjoy warm with a green salad.
I cannot wait to see your posts!