I love risotto however leftovers do not always live up to expectations. Instead, I make fritters like these, served with salad.
I use eggs to bind the rice. If you do not eat eggs you can use a pack of tofu scrambled with a fork instead.
I created this recipe as part of the Food Waste Challenge from AO.com.
You can use any leftover risotto to make this dish. Click here to see the Asian Risotto I have used for it.
Leftover Risotto Fritters [vegetarian]
- mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- 800 g leftover risotto such as this Asian Risotto
- 3 organic eggs
- 6-8 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- soy sauce to serve
- Beat the eggs and mix them in the leftover risotto.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs until you have a sticky paste.
- Shape each fritter by hand (around 2 generous tablespoon or 1cm thick and 10 cm diameter).
- Under medium to high heat, fry 2-3 fritters at the time (depending on the size of your pan) for around 5 mins on each side until golden brown. Add more breadcrumbs if you see that they are not sticking together well enough.
- Keep cooked fritters warm covered in the oven until you are ready to serve them.
- Serve with soy sauce.
I cannot wait to see your posts!