This Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter is absolutely delicious in porridge, cereals, toast, waffles, pancakes etc….
This Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter is absolutely delicious in porridge, cereals, toast, waffles, pancakes, etc… Sweetened with maple syrup, it is spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric. Perfect as a spread for breakfast or snack.
You can use a regular blender to make this recipe but keep in mind that the more powerful your blender is, the quicker you’ll get a smooth and silky consistency. I used my Nutribullet RX which gets the job done in no time.
This recipe happened somehow by accident as I did not have enough almonds to make a jar of nut butter. Having enjoyed sunflower seed butter before, I decided to add sunflower seeds instead of running out to the shops for more almonds!
I have also been trying out some different spice blends for a client and particularly like the combination of turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger. Here it works so well with maple syrup and coconut oil.
I’ll admit this Maple Spiced Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter is a bit addictive but will make no excuse for it 🙂 Enjoy!
Maple Spiced Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter [vegan]
- blender or food processor
- 125 g sunflower seeds
- 150 g almonds – skin on
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1.5 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Spread sunflower seeds and almonds on a baking tray and roast for around 10-12 mins.
- When done, whizz roasted sunflower seeds and almonds in a blender or food processor for around 15-20 mins until you have a smooth creamy paste. You might need to stop the blender / food processor a few times to scrape the sides. Be patient. The longer you wait, the smoother your nut butter will be.
- Transfer to a bowl. mix in spices, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt. Adjust to your own taste if needed.
- The spices will make this Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter solidify slightly. If you want the nut butter to be super smooth, simply transfer it back to the blender and whizz for a few minutes until you have the desired consistency.
- This Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter will keep in an airtight jar in the fridge. It will harden with the cold, but it just takes a few minutes at room temperature to soften.
I cannot wait to see your posts!