I often find store-bought granola too sweet and much prefer making my own.
Here for added protein, I have included some quinoa flakes and chia seeds.
I love this mix for breakfast, snacks or sometimes for dinner when I am not feeling so hungry. It is delicious with yoghurt or almond milk.
After 20 mins in the oven, I usually check on it every 10 mins until it gets the perfect crunch.
You can find quinoa and buckwheat flakes in your local health store.
Quinoa Granola with Maple Syrup & Pecan [vegan]
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
- 100 g rolled oats
- 100 g buckwheat flakes
- 100 g quinoa flakes
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 7 Tbsp maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 3 handfuls of pecan nuts
- 2 handfuls of pumpkin seed
- 2 handfuls of golden linseed
- 2 handfuls of dried cranberry
- 1 handful of dried blueberry
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Mix gently together the oats, quinoa flakes, buckwheat flakes, chia seeds and roughly chopped pecans.
- Carefully stir in the oil and maple syrup until all ingredients are well blended together.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 20 mins or so (checking every 10 mins) until you get your optimal crunchiness. Switch off the oven and leave granola to “dry” inside for 2 hours or so.
- Once cooled down, add the pumpkin seeds, linseeds, cranberries and blueberries. Store in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!