Simple and delicious this vegan Marinated Courgette Salad with Capers & Olives is bursting with flavours.
Simple and delicious this vegan Marinated Courgette Salad with Capers & Olives is bursting with flavours. It can be served on its own or as a side dish. A slice of crunchy bread is ideal to sponge off the juices.
Marinated in olive oil and lemon juice, the thin courgette ribbons can be eaten raw. If you have never eaten raw courgettes I do recommend you try them out as they are simply delicious with a slight crunch that is usually lost when cooking.
I love mixing yellow and green courgettes, they look so pretty together. However, you can make this salad with green courgettes only.
I used juicy caper berries for this recipe but it also works with capers. Caperberries are available from most supermarkets and are worth looking out for. They are much bigger than regular capers and have a usual eye-catching shape which looks fantastic on a plate.
Marinated Courgette Salad with Capers & Olives [vegan]
- vegetable peeler or mandoline
- 2 medium courgettes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- small handful of pitted kalamata olives
- small handful of capers or caper berries
- few basil leaves
- salt & pepper
- Slice the courgettes into long thin ribbons. You can use a vegetable peeler or mandoline.
- Place courgette strips in a shallow dish. Toss in olive oil and lemon juice. Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut olives in half. Scatter over courgettes. Add caper or caper berries on top followed by basil leaves.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
I cannot wait to see your posts!