This summertime Mediterranean Tomato Tart is full of wonderful flavours.
This summertime Mediterranean Tomato Tart is full of wonderful flavours. This is a staple recipe from the South of France that works well whether you are cooking for a family meal or entertaining a bigger crowd. I also like to serve it at buffets or picnics.
It is very easy to make and perfect for a light vegan lunch or dinner. Great served with a green salad.
Mediterranean Tomato Tart [vegan]
- tart tin or loose-bottomed quiche tin
- 1 vegan puff pastry – I use Jus-Rol
- 3-4 large tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp semolina or breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp dry herbes de Provence or thyme
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 220ºC/425ºF/Gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry and place in a 23cm loose bottomed tart tin.
- Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper inside the pie and fill with baking beads.
- Blind bake the pastry for 5mins.
- In the meantime slice the tomatoes.
- Once the pastry has been blind baked, remove baking beads and parchment paper and brush the dijon mustard on the pastry so it is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp semolina (or breadcrumbs) to should absorb liquid from tomatoes.
- Place the tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with dry herbs.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Cook for 20mins at 220ºC/425ºF/Gas 7. Decrease oven temperature to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5 for another 10mins.
- The tomato tart is cooked once the pastry is slightly brown and tomato skin curled a little.
- Serve hot or cold with a salad.
I cannot wait to see your posts!