This gluten-free Mung Beans & Amaranth Crunchy Asian Salad makes a very healthy and tasty lunch.
This gluten-free Mung Beans & Amaranth Crunchy Asian Salad makes a very healthy and tasty lunch and is a complete meal on its own. So delicious, it is bursting with flavours and nutrients. Amaranth is a gluten-free grain, similar to quinoa, and is also a complete protein. You can buy it in health stores and supermarkets.
Mung Beans & Amaranth Crunchy Asian Salad [vegan]
- 2 saucepans
- mixing bowl
- 200 g mung beans
- 100 g amaranth
- 200 g medium carrots
- 150 g medium beetroot
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 lime juice
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 handfuls chopped peanuts
- Heat some water in 2 separate saucepans.
- When boiling add the mung beans to one and the amaranth to the other. Cook according to the packet instructions. The mung beans should be cooked in 15-20mins (make sure they still have a bite). Amaranth should be cooked in 15 mins.
- Drain separately. Add 1 Tbsp of rice vinegar to mung beans. Leave to cool for 15 mins or so.
- Make the dressing by mixing together 2 Tbsp rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil, crushed garlic, grated ginger, agave syrup, lime juice.
- When the mung beans and the amaranth have cooled down to room temperature, mix together in a salad bowl. Add grated carrots, beetroot, chopped herbs and dressing. Toss well.
- Serve with chopped peanuts sprinkled on top.
I cannot wait to see your posts!