Try these overnight chocolate oats for a quick and indulgent breakfast or snack.
Try these overnight chocolate oats for a quick and indulgent breakfast or snack. If you are in a rush, you can pack a portion in a travel container and eat them on the go.
When it comes to healthy and speedy breakfast ideas I am a big fan of overnight porridge as it can easily be topped with loads of fruits and nutritious add-ons. In this recipe I added chia seeds, cocoa powder as well as almond butter.
These overnight chocolate oats have a good amount of plant-based proteins, good fats and dietary fibre. Overall they make a good balanced breakfast which adults and children will enjoy.
You can prepare them the night before so you just have to pile fruits and toppings the next day. I like the warmth of cardamom in this recipe, but you could also use cinnamon instead.
This recipe serves 2. The oats can be kept in a fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Overnight Chocolate Oats [vegan]
- large jar
- 100 g rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 500 ml dairy free milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup to taste
- 1 pear
- handful of raspberries
- 2 Tbsp of almond butter
- grated dark chocolate
- Place oat, chia seeds, cocoa powder and cardamon in a large jar. Mix well.
- Top with dairy free milk and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended. Close jar and put in the firdge overnight.
- When ready, sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
- Share evenly between two serving bowls. Top with diced pear, raspberries, almond butter and some grated chocolate.
I cannot wait to see your posts!