Silky and smooth, this Pasta With Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce makes a real comforting meal without the need for dairy.
Silky and smooth, this Pasta With Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce makes a real comforting meal without the need for dairy. Quick and speedy, this dish is made from scratch in under 30 mins.
I used whole wheat fusilli here, but you can swap for fettuccine, spaghetti or any other shape pasta you prefer.
Cooked cauliflower has a wonderful velvety texture when blended. I have been using it in smoothies, soups and sauces instead of cream, milk or nuts. It is low in fat and high in fibre, so it is perfect whenever you prefer something light and healthy.
Nutritional Yeast is high in protein and fibre as well as Vitamin B12. It adds a cheesy and nutty taste to food and is a real staple for any plant-based kitchen.
This Pasta With Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce is a crowd-pleaser. I add plenty of pepper and nutritional yeast on top. Vegan parmesan is also an option here if you prefer.
Disclaimer: This recipe contains affiliate links.
Pasta With Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 550 g cauliflower floret
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 250 ml dairy-free milk
- salt & pepper
FOR THE PASTA:
- 400 g dry pasta
- fresh parsley – to serve
- nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan – to serve
- Heat some water in a large saucepan. When boiling, add cauliflower florets and cook for 10 mins until soft and tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While the cauliflower florets are cooking, heat some olive oil in a saucepan. Add finely chopped onion. Fry gently until soft. Add crushed garlic and cook for a few more minutes, taking care not to let the garlic go brown.
- While the cauliflower florets are cooking, you can cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- When the cauliflower has cooled down, place the florets in a blender with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, dried Italian herbs, dairy-free milk, onion and garlic. Blend to a smooth creamy texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix cooked pasta and cauliflower sauce. Serve straight away, topped with freshly chopped parsley and more nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan if desired.
I cannot wait to see your posts!