Add your favourite toppings to this basic pizza dough recipe for a fuss-free meal. Pizzas make great meals that kids love getting involved in.
This recipe yields enough dough to make 3 pizzas of 35cm diameter.
You can make it by hand or use a food processor.
Pizza Dough [vegan]
- food processor or mixing bowl
- 500 g bread flour
- 2 tsp fast action dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 250 ml warm water
- olive oil
- Mix the warm water, fast yeast, sugar and salt in a jug.
- Cover and place in a warm room or over a radiator for 15 mins or so, until you have a thick layer of froth on top of the water.
- Place the flour in a food processor. Add the water and yeast mix plus 2 tbsp of olive oil. Blend with a dough blade for 5 mins.
- Work the dough by hand on a floured surface for another 5 mins until springy, adding more olive oil if needed.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and leave to rest in a warm room for 1hr until it has doubled in size.
- When ready, work the dough by hand again and divide into 3 even balls.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball over a floured surface into a thin pizza crust big enough to fit your pizza tray.
- Oil each pizza tray before placing the dough on it.
- Add your favourite toppings and cook for around 12 mins in a preheated oven at 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
I cannot wait to see your posts!