These spicy vegan Quorn Buffalo Wings are served with a cooling ranch dressing in homemade tortilla salad bowls.
This recipe was created in partnership with Quorn.
These spicy vegan Quorn Buffalo Wings are served on a bed of crunchy mixed salad with a cooling ranch dressing in homemade tortilla salad bowls.
When I decided to eat less meat, I first turned to Quorn as a meat substitute and right from the start I was really impressed by it. Quorn quickly became a key food that helped me on my flexitarian journey. Made from mycoprotein, Quorn is high in protein and fibre while being low in fat. It is very easy to cook with and really versatile. Quorn has a similar texture to chicken and makes a tasty alternative.
Quorn is on a mission to offer delicious meat-free meals and provide healthy food for people and the planet.
The Fakeaway range is completely vegan and designed for quick and healthy meals without compromising on taste. It includes meat alternatives such as Crunchy Fillet Burger, Buffalo Wings, Southern Fried Wings and Crunchy Strips. The texture and taste are so chicken-like that you won’t believe it’s not chicken!
For this recipe, I used the Quorn Buffalo Wings. They are coated with some delicious spicy crumbs that go perfectly with my cooling vegan ranch dressing. There are 8 vegan wings in each pack which make generous servings for 2-3 people. They are really quick to make and can be ready to eat in under 20 mins. How is that for convenience?!
You can also substitute the Buffalo Wings with Quorn Southern Fried Wings. They also have a delicious crispy coating that goes perfectly with the creaminess of the ranch dressing and the crunchy vegetables.
How to make these Quorn Buffalo Wing Tortilla Salad Bowls
The first step is to make the tortilla bowls. To shape them, you will need one or two oven-proof dishes. I have two pudding bowls (approx. 2.5 litre – 22 x 22 x 12cm or 2.6 quarts 9 x 9 x 5 inches) that are perfect for this.
All you have to do is spray some large tortilla wraps with oil and tuck them nicely at the bottom of the pudding bowls. After around 15 minutes in the oven, the tortilla wrap will harden into shape and have a nice crispy texture. If you only have one oven-proof dish that is suitable, simply bake one tortilla bowl after the other (see the method below that explains how to organise yourself).
While the tortilla bowls and Quorn Buffalo Wings are cooking in the oven, you can prepare the ranch dressing and the rest of the ingredients.
Once you are ready to assemble, simply pile up the vegetables in each bowl, top with Quorn Buffalo Wings and garnish with some fresh coriander and sliced avocado. Serve straight away with a generous drizzle of ranch dressing and enjoy !!
If you are looking for tasty and quick meat-free meal options, you should definitely try the new Quorn Fakeaway range. They are really tasty and a great convenient alternative to takeaways.
Make sure to check out Quorn’s extensive selection of recipes that includes some fantastic ideas of what you can make with the Takeaway range.
Here are more Quorn recipes you may like to try:
- QUORN CHICKEN STYLE PIECES AND LEEK PIE [VEGETARIAN]
- QUORN HOTPOT [ZERO WASTE RECIPE]
- ONE-POT SPANISH QUORN CHICKEN & RICE [VEGAN]
- MOROCCAN QUORN MEATLOAF WITH CREAMY HARISSA DRESSING [VEGETARIAN]
I hope you enjoy these vegan Quorn Buffalo Wing Tortilla Salad Bowls as much as we do. If you do make it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Quorn Buffalo Wing Tortilla Salad Bowls
- 1 or 2 oven-safe pudding bowls (approx. 2.5 litre – 22 x 22 x 12cm or 2.6 quarts 9 x 9 x 5 inches )
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 oven tray
- 1 salad bowl
- 2 large tortilla wraps (23cm / 9 inch)
- vegetable oil spray
- 250 g pack of Quorn Buffalo Wings
FOR THE RANCH DRESSING:
- 225 g vegan mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp onion granule powder
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 3 Tbsp dairy-free milk
- 1/2 lemon juice (to taste)
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce heart
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large red pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 125 g cucumber
- 3 Tbsp corn
- 4 Tbsp black beans
- 1/2 avocado
- few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ Fan 200°C / 425°F/ Gas 7.
- Spray the tortilla wraps with vegetable oil on both sides. Spray the pudding bowl with oil.
- Place the first tortilla wrap in an oven-safe pudding bowl (approx. 2.5 litre – 22 x 22 x 12cm or 2.6 quarts 9 x 9 x 5 inches). Tuck it nicely at the bottom to shape it as a bowl.
- Repeat with the second tortilla wrap. (If you only have one pudding bowl, bake one tortilla bowl first in the oven for around 15 mins, then bake the second one with the Quorn Buffalo Wings).
- Scatter the Quorn Buffalo Wings on an oven tray.
- Bake the tortilla bowls and Quorn Buffalo Wings at the same time. The tortilla bowls will take around 15mins (do check from time to time so they do not burn) and the Quorn Buffalo Wings will take 16-18 mins.
- In the meantime make the ranch dressing by mixing together the vegan mayo, grated garlic, onion granules, chopped dill, chopped parsley and chopped chives. Add some dairy-free milk until you have your desired consistency. Season to taste with lemon juice and pepper. Set aside.
- To make the salad, chop the romaine lettuce heart. Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters, slice the red pepper, red onion and cucumber. Mix all together in a salad bowl with the corn and black beans.
- When the tortilla bowls are nice and crispy, remove them from the oven and leave them to cool for a few minutes.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with the mixed salad you have just prepared. Add 4 Quorn Buffalo Wings on top of each bowl. Garnish with some fresh coriander and sliced avocado.
- Serve straight away with a generous drizzle of ranch dressing.
I cannot wait to see your posts!