This delicious Quorn Lentil Casserole is ideal for a midweek hearty dinner.
This Quorn Lentil Casserole is such an easy and straightforward recipe. Ideal for a midweek dinner when you are rushing around.
Filled with plant-based protein and iron, lentils are the perfect comfort and hearty food. So healthy too as they are low in fat and high in fibre.
This recipe uses mustard powder which adds a nice spicy note, which is mild enough so that children can still enjoy this casserole.
For this recipe, I used some regular Quorn pieces but you can use vegan Quorn pieces instead which are available in most supermarkets. You can also use green lentils to make this dish but you might have to alter the cooking time.
This Quorn Lentil Casserole is best served on its own or with a crunchy salad on the side.
Quorn Lentil Casserole [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- casserole dish
- 350 g Quorn pieces
- 250 g puy lentils
- 250 g carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves – crushed
- vegetable stock
- small bunch of parsley
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some vegetable stock in a pan (around 1 litre so there is enough to cook the lentils in). Add the lentils when boiling and cook until soft (they should still have a bite). Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, heat some olive oil in a large shallow casserole dish. Add the red onion cut in thin wedges along with the crush garlic and bay leaves.
- Add the finely sliced carrots and celery. Cover the dish and fry gently for around 15 mins. Stir often so it does not burn.
- When the carrots are soft add the quorn pieces, lentils and mustard powder to the casserole dish. Stir well. Add 60ml [US 1/4 cup] water and 60ml [US 1/4 cup] vegetable stock to the pan. Cook gently covered for another 10 mins again stirring often so it does not burn.
- Just before serving add the chopped parsley leaves and season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!