This Winter Porridge is loaded with vitamins from mango, banana, kiwi, orange and pomegranate.
This Winter Porridge is loaded with vitamins from mango, banana, kiwi, orange and pomegranate. Topped with almond butter, almonds and shelled hemp this is a great combo to brighten up your day.
Many Winter fruits contain essential nutrients such as vitamin C or antioxidants which help boost the immune system and ward off colds, bugs and flu.
While this is a cold recipe, you can add the same toppings on top of a warm bowl of porridge if you prefer.
Coming back from my morning run or workout, I sometimes prefer a cold overnight porridge mix, especially if I am in a rush. We tend to have a jar ready in the fridge so we can grab something quick and healthy.
The quantities make for 2 generous bowls. You could keep some toppings in the fridge and enjoy this Winter porridge over a few days.
Rise & Shine Winter Porridge [vegan]
- large jar
- 150 g organic porridge / rolled oats
- 500 ml organic oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 mango
- 1/4 orange
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 pomegranate
- 2 generous tsp almond butter
- a few almonds
- 2-3 tsp shelled hemp
- shredded mint leaves
- maple syrup to taste
- Mix milk, oats and vanilla in a container or jar. Close the lid and shake well. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to use share evenly between two bowls.
- Top with sliced banana, kiwi, mango, orange and pomegranate seeds.
- Add almond butter, almonds, shelled hemp and mint leaves.
- Sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
I cannot wait to see your posts!