Chipotles give a wonderful, deep smoky flavour to this vegan chilli.
This recipe can feed a crowd and/or make some great leftovers which are perfect for busy weekdays.
I picked a few different beans but feel free to make your own blend.
Serve this smoky chipotle chilli with some rice and tortillas as well as your favourite (vegan) cheese.
Smoky Chipotle Chili [vegan]
- large saucepan
- 400 g can black beans
- 400 g can aduki beans
- 400 g can black eye beans
- 400 g can borlotti beans
- 2 red peppers
- 800 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 onion -finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers – according to taste
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 lime juice
- 150 g bulgur
- 725 ml vegetable stock
- 1 large bunch of fresh coriander
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the ground spices and chipotle peppers. Fry a few minutes to release aromas.
- Add the peppers cut in 2.5 cm (1 inch) dice and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the beans, tomato paste, chopped tomato, bulgur and vegetable stock. Bring to boil then cook under medium heat for 15-20 mins until the bulgur is cooked. Add more stock if you feel the chili gets too dry.
- Just before serving add some lime juice, chopped fresh coriander leaves. Season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!