This spiralised courgette and edamame salad has a delicious Asian twist.
If you do not have a spiraliser you can use a julienne peeler instead to cut the courgette.
Spiralised Courgette & Edamame Salad [vegan]
- spiraliser or Julienne cutter
- mixing bowl
- 1 medium courgette [zucchini]
- 200 g frozen shelled edamame
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove – crushed garlic
- juice of 1 lime + extra lime to serve
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tamarind paste [or fish sauce for flexitarians]
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 4 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- handful of peanuts
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling add edamame and cook for 3 mins. Drain a set aside.
- In the meantime spiralise the courgette and place into a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing by mixing together sesame oil, peanut oil, vegetable oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, tamarind paste (or fish sauce if using), soy sauce and garlic. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Mix the edamame with the courgette. Add finely chopped mint and coriander. Toss in dressing.
- Serve topped with the chopped peanuts and finely slice chilli.
I cannot wait to see your posts!