Miso for breakfast is no longer just for savoury dishes.
Sweet white miso brings hints of salted caramel or butterscotch which are ever so delicious with banana and pear. I love this recipe with pecans but walnuts, almonds or macadamias work also very well.
Amongst the many ways to cook porridge, this is one of my favourites.
Sweet Miso Porridge [vegan] [gluten free]
- 100 g rolled porridge oats
- 500 ml non dairy milk – almond or oat milk
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
- seeds of 2 cardamom pods – crushed
- 1 Tbsp white sweet miso
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 banana
- 1 pear
- handful of pecan nuts
- maple syrup
- Put the oat, milk, chia seeds, ground ginger and crushed cardamom pods in a small saucepan.
- Cook under medium/ high heat until the liquid has been absorbed and the oats are cooked.
- Remove from heat. Add the sweet miso paste and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Share the porridge evenly between 2 serving bowls.
- Add toppings such as sliced banana, pear and pecan nuts.
- Sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
- Eat straight away
I cannot wait to see your posts!