I love chilli and here I combined the flavours of this sweet potato, black bean and chickpeas chilli with cocoa powder. This dish makes a hearty dinner that vegans, vegetarians and non-vegetarians can enjoy together.
Serve it with rice, tortilla chips and (vegan) cheese.
Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Chickpea Chili [vegan]
- large saucepan
- 600 g sweet potato – peeled and cut in 1.5cm dice
- 1 large red pepper – cut in 2cm dice
- 800 g can chopped tomatoes
- 800 g can black beans
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 250 ml water
- 1 large onion – finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 Tbsp chili powder – according to taste
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch fresh coriander to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry together the onion, garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin, chili powder and cinnamon until onion is soft.
- Add the diced sweet potato, red pepper, canned tomatoes and water.
- Bring to boil. Then cooked covered under medium heat for 10 mins.
- Add the black beans, chickpeas, and cider vinegar. Cook uncovered under medium heat for 20mins until the vegetables are cooked and liquid has thickened.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, lime juice and season to taste.
- Add chopped fresh coriander just before serving.
I cannot wait to see your posts!