This Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup has a lovely velvety texture and a subtle hint of orange. The perfect pick-me-up on a cold winter day.
Serve it with fresh coriander and crusty bread.
Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 400 g sweet potato
- 300 g carrots
- 300 g leeks
- 100 g red lentils
- 1 onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 5 cm grated ginger root [1.96 inches]
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- juice of 2 large oranges
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic with curry, ground coriander and ginger until soft and golden.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots. Clean the leek. Cut the vegetables roughly and add to saucepan.
- Add the stock and lentils. Bring to boil. Then simmer for 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Add the coconut milk, orange juices. Season to taste.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves and crusty bread.
I cannot wait to see your posts!