This vegetarian tagliatelle pasta with courgettes, shiitake mushrooms and tarragon butter make a perfect mid-week dinner.
This vegetarian tagliatelle pasta with courgettes, shiitake mushrooms and tarragon butter make a perfect mid-week dinner or fuss-free week-end lunch.
Shiitake mushrooms have a rich flavour which goes well with courgettes. They are also rich in iron and high in protein.
Here I have added tarragon, thyme, lemon and parsley to the butter. The flavours are subtle yet tasty enough to transport you to a warmer climate. You can add vegetarian parmesan style cheese on top but personally, I prefer them just “as is”. Of course, this dish can easily be made vegan by replacing the butter with olive oil and choosing egg-free pasta.
Tagliatelle with Courgettes, Shiitake Mushrooms and Tarragon Butter [vegetarian]
- large frying pan
- large saucepan
- 300 g dry tagliatelle
- 400 g courgettes
- 240 g shiitake mushrooms
- 4 shallots – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 75 g butter + 1 tbsp
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp parsley – finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp dry tarragon – finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Roughly slice the shiitake mushrooms.
- Cut the courgette in small slices.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large deep frying pan.
- Add the shallots and garlic. Cook until soft and golden.
- Add the courgettes and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms. Carry on cooking for around 15mins until the courgettes are soft. Stir often.
- In the meantime heat a large pan of salted water and cook the tagliatelle until they are al dente.
- Prepare the tarragon butter by mixing together: 75g [UK 3oz /US ⅓ cup] soft butter, parsley, tarragon, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/2tsp of salt.
- Once the tagliatelle are cooked, drained well and put them back in their pan. Add tarragon butter and mix well to coat pasta all over.
- Add the courgettes and shiitake mushrooms to the tagliatelle. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Serve straight away.
I cannot wait to see your posts!